If the jellyfish affect us then they will definitely affect the dogs. The jellyfish sting hurts and itches and is so uncomfortable.
Scan the water before you allow them to jump in so they don’t get stung by a jellyfish or step on Sharp rocks.
Be Aware & Present!
The so-called “algae” is not actually a type of algae but a bacteria known as cyanobacteria. Cyanobacteria isn’t visible to the naked eye, but it often gives the appearance of algae when it clumps together in bodies of water.
If your dog jumps into the water with the algae/bacteria, get them out of the water as soon as possible. If you know that they have swallowed some water, please wash them off with clean water and call your vet.
If you are home, you can induce vomiting by using a children’s medicine plunger applicator (which is recommended to always have) and put a small amount of hydrogen peroxide in it and squirt it in their mouth. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT THEIR HEAD HIGH SO THEY DO NOT CHOKE! This will make them throw up.
Unfortunately, we are not able to allow the dogs to drink the water in lakes and ponds like years ago. Toxic algae smells and looks like paint on the water.
Some symptoms of toxicity to Blue Green Algae is Diarrhea or vomiting, weakness, drooling, confusion, breathing problems, seizures, and even death.
PLEASE BE AWARE AND PRESENT IN THE MOMENT!