pit with salad on head

Why Are Grapes & Raisins Toxic To Dogs?

Has a grape ever fallen on the floor and you rush to pick it up so your dog does not get it before you?

I know I have. I always wondered why grapes are so dangerous to dogs. Well, the ASPCA Poison Control Center discovered why grapes and raisins are toxic.

The Tartaric Acid in grapes cause: *Vomiting *Diarrhea *Excessive Thirst *Kidney Damage or Failure. Unfortunately, even one grape/raisin toxicity can even be fatal.

You can induce vomiting by using a baby medicine syringe and squeeze a small amount of hydrogen peroxide in the dogs mouth. Keep the dogs face straight and DO NOT LIFT THE DOG’S HEAD TO THE SKY BECAUSE THEY CAN CHOKE! Close the mouth and rub the throat so the dog automatically swallows the peroxide. Once they throw up then take them to the vet if you notice any symptoms!

Please pick up a grape as soon as it falls so the dogs don’t eat it. Be aware and remember Watch or Confine!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *